Society for Photographic Education / Deadline: 12/31/19
The Society for Photographic Education is building its collaborative, online member resources by expanding the video library of member-created documentation of events, lectures, and demos. SPE Members have access to the Video Library through the member portal and can use this resource for educational purposes, personal, or professional development, and as supplementary material for SPE meetups. This call for video content welcomes the following professionally made material:
• Artist talks covering creative work or methodology
• Process demonstrations and workshop content
• Professional gear walkthroughs and illustrative how-tos
• Chapter Conference highlights, including small-form member meetups
Must be a current SPE Member.
1. Complete the Submission Form to enter.
3. In the submission form, please upload your video, OR provide a link to your video via Google Drive or Dropbox. Alternatively, a Youtube/Vimeo link can be provided with permission to download.
4. Video projects should be saved in high quality, 1080p / 1080i video resolution and in the MP4, MOV or AVI video format. We discourage submissions of low quality, "web only" formats that save on space and sacrifice quality will not be accepted. We also discourage unstable footage, excessive video filters (think Instagram stylizations) or anything shot vertically.
All submissions will be reviewed by SPE board members, staff, and/or volunteers, prior to inclusion in the video library. Please allow several weeks for submitted videos to be reviewed for content and clarity. If your video is approved for inclusion in our video library, SPE will notify you.
We greatly appreciate all members who contribute to this community-created resource for SPE and we look forward to seeing your submissions.