Atlanta Photography Group / Deadline: 10/13/19
Call For Entries: People, Places, Things
Atlanta Photography Group (APG) is now taking entries for PEOPLE, PLACES, THINGS - APG's collaborative exhibition that will be featured at the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center in Madison, Ga. The exhibition will be juried by Samuel Gerace, Photography Curator, Booth Museum.
Juror: Dr. Samuel Gerace III
Dr. Samuel Gerace III is the Curator of Photography at the Booth Western Art Museum. He studied Fine Art at Shorter University, focusing on traditional oil and egg tempera painting along with darkroom techniques and materials. Samuel received his Masters and Ph.D. from the University of Edinburgh in Art History, while he received his second Masters in Celtic Studies from the University of Wales. His research areas include: medieval art, historical photography, alternative photography processes, and the power of art to create memories and inspire beliefs.
Venue: Madison-Morgan Cultural Center
The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center is a non-profit, multidisciplinary performing and visual arts facility. The Center occupies an elegantly restored 1895 Romanesque Revival Building and is located in the heart of Madison, Georgia's National Register Historic District. As one of the first graded public schools in the Southeast, it operated as a school until 1957. Following an extensive renovation, the building reopened in 1976 as the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center. Since that time, the Center has been recognized for its restoration and adaptive reuse of the award-winning structure as well as its reputation for excellence in arts and humanities programming. The original school bell still rings for many visitors who enjoy the Center's programs.
Madison-Morgan Cultural Center
434 South Main St.
Madison, GA 30650
All entrants must be members of APG or The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center. If you are not a member, register to become an APG member, or become a MMCC member, first. If you are uncertain, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The theme for this exhibition is People, Places and Things, which is very broad, and allows the photographic artist to express their own personal creativity. Entrants can submit 2-8 images of their choice. Images do not need to be a part of a single body of work.
• All works are eligible for this exhibition, including any works that have been shown in any past APG exhibition.
• Entries are accepted and processed ONLINE only. We do not accept email, mail or paper entries
• The artwork must arrive at the gallery, framed or mounted, with either hanging wire or cleats in order to accommodate our hanging system. Artwork lacking hanging wire or cleat is subject to a $10 fee.
• All work should be professionally matted or mounted and framed – white or black wood or metal frames preferred, unless alternate framing style is integral to piece.
• White or off-white mattes only - colored mattes are not appropriate for the gallery setting.
• Metal prints are acceptable, with or without framing. Canvas prints are not appropriate for the APG gallery exhibitions.
• The gallery cannot accommodate unmounted works – i.e., the gallery does not pin work to the walls.
• Glass is acceptable if delivering framed work in person. Plexiglass/acrylic is required on all shipped framed work.
• All artworks must have an identifying label on the back that includes the artist's: name, phone, email, website, address, along with the title of the artwork and the retail price.
• APG's commission is 30% of the selling price on all sales in any APG exhibition that may be in the main gallery or any off-site APG organized exhibition.
• APG reserves the right to reject any work that differs from the work submitted or is not exhibition-ready in quality or presentation.
• Insurance of the art work is the responsibility of the artist, APG is not responsible for damage or loss in transit or in the gallery. APG will take care of the art work to the best of its ability
75 Bennett Street NW Ste B-1 75 Bennett Street NW Ste B-1
Atlanta, GA 30309