Hite Art Institute, University of Louisville / Deadline: 08/01/19
The Hite Art Institute at the University of Louisville is accepting submissions for their upcoming exhibition "Lensless", taking place this fall in conjunction with the 2019 Louisville Photo Biennial. "Lensless" seeks to engage with photographic explorations of images created without the use of a lens. This may include chemigrams, photograms, cliché verre and lumen prints or any other form of photographic lensless imagery that explore current trends in which the camera is superfluous to the production of photographic images. Images may be abstract or representational. Images created with pinhole cameras will also be considered. This group exhibition is curated by Mitch Eckert, Associate Professor of Art at the University of Louisville and will be on display at The Cressman Center for Visual Arts, University of Louisville, 100 East Main St., Louisville, KY from September 27 - October 26, 2019.
Questions and Comments should be directed to Mitch Eckert at email@example.com
Cressman Center for Visual Arts100 E Main St.Louisville, KY 40202
"Lensless" is open to all artists holding a minimum of a BFA degree in photography or related field.
1. Artists are asked to submit a minimum of 5 images, jpeg format, 300 dpi, no smaller than 1280 pixels on its shortest side. Artists may submit a maximum of 10 images.
2. Images should be submitted digitally though callforentry.org or via email to Mitch.firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Artists are required to submit a checklist along with their images including the title, date, medium, dimensions and value for each piece. Image titles should correspond with titles on the checklist.
4. Artists must also submit a short artists statement (maximum 300 words) and brief bio (maximum 250 words) as well as a one-page resume.
Shipping and Delivery:
Artists will be responsible for covering the cost of shipping to and from the University of Louisville, or should plan to deliver their work on pre-arranged delivery dates and times. Artists will also be responsible for picking up their work on pre-arranged pick-up dates and times.
Artists should include a pre-paid return label with shipped artworks.
1. Artwork will be insured by the University of Louisville while on University premises and for the duration of the exhibition.
2. Artists will be required to sign a University of Louisville loan agreement prior to the acceptance of their work on University property.
3. Artist's works should arrive ready to install. Artworks that are not gallery ready, that differ greatly from digital images, or that do not exhibit good craftsmanship may be omitted from the exhibition at the curator's discretion.
4. Sale of Artworks: The University of Louisville galleries are not set up for the sale of artists' works. Individuals who inquire about purchase will be directed to the artist.
University of Louisville Schneider Hall
Louisville, KY 40292