Society for Photographic Education / Deadline: 07/01/16
SPE seeks nominations for the 2017 Honored Educator Award to be given at the 54th annual SPE National Conference in Orlando, FL.
The criteria for selection of the Honored Educator are as follows:
- The recipient has made a significant contribution to the field of photographic education.
- The contribution to the field could be made through classroom teaching, writing, publishing, museum education, or other areas of professional practice in the field of photography.
- The recipient is a full-career educator. There is no specific requirement for the number of years in the field, but 15 years would generally be seen as a minimum.
- The recipient has been a member of SPE.
- To be considered for the Honored Educator award, the educator must be nominated by a current member of SPE.
Nominations should include a formal letter of nomination citing specifics about the educator's contributions to the field of photographic education and a summary of the nominee's career.
To be considered for the award, the educator must be nominated by a current member of SPE.
SPE's Honored Educator recipient receives a lifetime membership in the Society and $1,000 honorarium.
Nominations can be submitted to the National Office at the address listed below or by email or fax.
Society for Photographic Education
ATTN: Honored Educator Award
2530 Superior Avenue, #403
Cleveland, OH 44114
Become an SPE Partner
The SPE Partners program offers three packages which provide flexible opportunities for schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to subsidize faculty, staff, students, and broader community participation in SPE.
Exhibit with SPE!
Learn more about sponsor & exhibitor opportunities for the 56th Annual Conference in Cleveland, OH!