Student Portfolio Competition & Exhibition
Pingyao, China International Photo Festival / Deadline: 05/01/15
Photography students are invited to participate in this FREE juried competition and exhibition of the best of American College and University student photography.
Small (5-10 images) bodies of work will be selected from approximately 15 students that represent a diversity of styles and visions. Artist's Statements and/or captions and Titles will also be included, both in English and translated into Chinese. Work will be printed, framed and translated in China.
Accepted work will be exhibited at the 15th Annual Pingyao, China International Photography Festival, which is held each September in the 2,700 year-old walled village, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The festival attracts upwards of 100,000 international visitors. Exhibitions are held in multiple venues throughout the village including ancient temples, factories, and warehouses.
Open to any student enrolled in an American College or University. Accepted entries will be printed and framed in China.
Students are eligible to submit 5-10 images representing a body of work on a non-returnable DVD or upload via Dropbox, YouSendIt, WeTransfer, etc. and share folder with Susan.Dooley@ncc.edu.
Entries must include:
- High Res (300 ppi) files at the size they are to be printed
- Low Res jpeg versions of the images (72 ppi with 1280 pixels as the longest size)
- Titles and sizes of works and contact info (both email and street address)
- A brief artist's statement suitable of translation into Chinese
- Identification of the college and degree program in which enrolled
- Accepted student work will be awarded a Certificate and the opportunity to have their work exposed to a massive International audience.
- Additional exhibition opportunities frequently result from this exposure.
There is no entry fee, no size restrictions, and work will be expertly printed and framed in China.
Jurors are looking for the highest quality student work that is representative of the diversity of aesthetics being practiced in American Universities and Colleges. They are also interested in bodies of work representative of the student's vision. Approximately 15 students will be selected for the exhibition.
6 Ruxton Rd.
Miller Place, NY 11764
P: 516 572-7162 Ext 2-5050
F: 516 572-9673
Become an SPE Partner
The SPE Partners program offers three packages which provide flexible opportunities for schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to subsidize faculty, staff, students, and broader community participation in SPE.
Have You Made Your Reservation at the Hilton?
Only one week remaining to book your hotel room at SPE's discounted rate.