Location: Napa, CA
Posted: March 02, 2021
Application Deadline: March 10, 2021
2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA, 94558
Napa Valley College
Photography Instructor (One-Year Leave Replacement)
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2021-00002
Closing Date: 3/10/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Complete job description and application available online at: http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=194485
Napa Valley College is seeking an individual with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and educational administrators to provide high-quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly, our students. This position offers the opportunity to participate in developing and implementing the philosophy and curriculum of the Photography Department at Napa Valley College.
This is a one-year, full-time leave replacement faculty position beginning Fall Semester (August 2021). This assignment is temporary in nature and does not constitute "contract" or "tenure-track" status. Instead, the assignment is temporary in nature pursuant to Education Code 87482. Please be aware that temporary faculty members may only work in excess of 67% two out of six semesters. A faculty member who has served as a leave replacement during the spring 2019 through spring 2021 semesters will not qualify for this one-year leave replacement assignment.
This position works a 175-day faculty work year, in accordance with the district/faculty agreement. Appointments are contingent upon approval of the college's Board of Trustees. The current annual salary range for the 2020-2021 academic year is $59,494-$69,168. Placement on the salary range is commensurate with education and experience. Medical benefits available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direction of the Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Academic Affairs and Senior Dean of Arts and Sciences:
• Teach all levels of Photography including black & white and digital
• Participate in the development and revision of curriculum, program evaluation, and the assessment of student learning outcomes
• Assist the faculty chair and dean in program development and other division tasks
• Participate in professional development activities
• Maintain current knowledge in the subject-matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies
• Work cooperatively with other department members, the faculty chair, the dean, and the vice president to develop and maintain quality instruction
• Perform related duties in the ARAH Division, as assigned
• Assignment may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, off-campus classes, and online or other technology-supported instruction. All full-time temporary leave replacements are required to adhere to contractual obligations, meet assigned classes, maintain regular office hours, assist and advise students, participate in division activities and appropriate college committees, including regular faculty meetings of the department and division. Napa Valley College believes in ongoing professional development that assists faculty in improving their teaching skills, providing support to students, and encouraging responsibility within the college community.
1. Master's in photography, fine arts, or art
2. Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in art history or humanities
3. The equivalent. If you do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications as stated in #1 or #2 above and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency, a Request for Equivalency Review (Download PDF reader) form must be submitted at the time of application.
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university.
One year of full-time or two years of part-time teaching experience in the photography field
Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic background of community college students
Desirable Professional Competencies
• Demonstrated ability to teach black and white, and digital photography
• Teaching experience at the community college level
• Professional experience in photography, including experience with conventional film and digital photography mediums
• Knowledge of business practices related to photography
• Ability to work collegially with other programs and divisions to expand the focus of the Photography Department
• Comprehensive preparation in the subject area, including completion of courses in lighting and other digital media
• Familiarity with and ability to use technology in the classroom
• Demonstrated experience with Implementing teaching techniques to effectively address the learning needs of students from a variety of cultural, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Familiarity with assessment of learning outcomes
• Demonstrated experience in supporting student success
Title 8, USC, Section 1324-A requires verification of eligibility for employment in the United States.
A. Applicants must complete the online application through GovernmentJobs.com. All elements of the application, including supplemental questions, must be submitted in order for the application to be considered complete.
Internal applicants are still required to submit a complete application for this position. This includes submission of transcripts and all other required application materials.
The District will not accept materials by e-mail, fax, or mail.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact Human Resources.
Napa Valley College, an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, maintains a drug-free workplace and requires that employees abide by that policy.
For more information, contact the Office of Human Resources:
2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at (855) 524-5627.