Location: Houston, TX
Posted: December 04, 2020
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
St. John's School
2401 Claremont Lane
Houston, TX, 77019
St. John's School is looking for passionate educators to join our community who are committed to teaching the whole child. The ideal candidate must be tech-savvy and a student champion with a talent for developing students' knowledge and understanding in the field of photography. We are currently seeking an exceptional teacher who will advance the institution's proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life, and community service. The successful candidate will be visionary, innovative, collaborative, and driven to ensure the success of all students.
We are interested in supporting faculty who see themselves as lifelong learners and who model that for our students. We expect members of our community to engage in conversations that support on-going professional development in one's discipline, to be open to interdisciplinary opportunities, and to help further our school's strategic initiatives including community and inclusion.
• Teach a course load of 4 sections
• Demonstrate proficiency with Dark Room Photography, Digital Photography, Studio/2D Art and Digital Media
• Plan, develop, and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning
• Working knowledge of school publications
• Serve as an Upper School Advisor and implement Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for consideration; prefer MA or MFA in Art, Studio Art, or Art Education with graduate hours in the teaching specialty (painting, sculpture, metals, printmaking, photography, visual communication, digital art)
• Solid subject matter knowledge at grade levels 9-12
• Candidate must be prepared to teach and tutor material at a high school level
• Must be proficient with both Mac and PC platforms
• Must be proficient in the Adobe Photo Suite Software other publishing technologies, including Google platform
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in Photography, preferably in the digital photography field (or a related field), and understand how different photography disciplines can support a photography curriculum
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues with an understanding and commitment to cultural competency and how to support a diverse community of learners
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three professional references to USEmployment@sjs.org. Please generate all documents as one MS Word or a converted .pdf file. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Thank you for your interest in St. John's School. No phone calls or emails, please.