Location: Lewisburg, PA
Posted: September 28, 2020
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
701 Moore Ave
Lewisburg, PA, 17837
Art Assistant in Photography
Job No: 496552
Position Type: part-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Academic Affairs, Other
The Art Assistant in Photography teaches undergraduate students during non-classroom hours, ensures safe access to the equipment and chemicals and maintenance of both analog and digital photography labs as well as the lighting studio. The person in this position creates a supportive learning environment. The Art Assistant also ensures the safe student use of the facility on nights and weekends. The Art Assistant helps students with technical issues on projects, maintains equipment and materials, orders supplies, performs maintenance on the photographic equipment.
This is a termed position, ideally beginning in January 2021 and continuing through early May. There is a possibility of renewal for a second year (contingent upon favorable evaluations). This is a 25-hour per week, limited benefits eligible position. This position is an excellent stepping-stone for a student who has recently completed their undergraduate studies or is about to graduate, and who is interested in pursuing an MFA in studio art but prefers a few additional years to develop a stronger portfolio and gain experience. The Art Assistant hired for this position will have 24/7 access to the photo facilities to work on their own projects when not involved in Art Assistant duties.
As a role model in the classroom, the Art Assistant must exhibit a high level of professionalism, be punctual, and respond promptly to emails and other inquiries.
1. Ensures the maintenance and safe student use of enlargers, silver and non-silver photographic chemicals, professional lighting equipment such as strobes and diffused soft boxes, department owned high-end Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras, extra-large inkjet printers, and medium format film cameras.
2. Assists with Photography I, Photography II, Photography III, Digital Photography as well as Video Art and Installation courses, monitoring students in and out of class to oversee both the Analog and Digital Photography Lab and the Lighting Studio.
3. Ensures safe access to the equipment and chemicals located in both analog and digital photo labs by providing expert knowledge and help to the students both in and out of class.
4. Provide students with extensive instruction on how to use the aforementioned equipment and chemicals safely and efficiently.
5. Performs work in the maintenance, inventory, and procurement of equipment and supplies.
1. Bachelor's degree in photography.
2. Experience in analog and digital processes as well as printing, lighting, and studio applications.
3. Excellent communication skills.
1. Experience in video production.
1. Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
2. Ability to move equipment around.
3. Use proper safety equipment for head, eyes, hands, and body protection.
4. Exposure to photographic chemicals, acids, etc.
To apply, please submit the following required documents -
1) A cover letter, addressing your interst in this opportunity and what makes you a strong candidate for the position.
2) A resume, outlining all of your employment history, including art-related and non-art-related work.
3) A portfolio consisting of 20 JPEG images, and a document that lists the title, year completed, materials, and dimensions for each work of art. Please email the JPEGs and document to Tulu Bayar, Professor of Art and Chair, Department of Art and Art History, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you have a website or portfolio, then please include a link to it in your cover letter.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2010860
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.