"Industry, Educators AND Students"
Saturday, March 12 - 8:00AM to 10:00AM
For us, as professionals, educators, students and artists, photography continues to evolve in exciting and challenging ways. To help us, educators and student alike, manage these changes and thrive, we need to reinforce and build community and strengthen collaboration trough continued dialogue.
Following up on the success of last two Industry & Education forums, we will continue the innovative format Jeff Curto developed. Once again, there will be three tables, each hosted by a pair of educator and industry representative. The "Curriculum" table will focus on pedagogical concerns common to both parties, the "Demonstrations" table will concentrate on issues surrounding demonstrating equipment or techniques, and the “Resources" table will look at the importance of providing and obtaining the needed supplies and information for teaching photography. To this we will add a fourth table. The “Students” table will allow those currently learning photography to add their important perspectives and needs to the discussion. Participants will be able to go from table to table to discuss and hear about issues pertinent to them and, at the end each group will report on their observations, conclusions and next steps.
• Veronica Cotter - Education Development and Sales Manager, Hahnemühle USA
• Mark Olson - Professor of Photography & Videography, College of Southern Nevada
• Joe Lavine -Manager of Educational Services, Profoto US
• Bob Rose – Assistant Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology
• Brenda Hipsher - National Manager of Educational Markets at MAC Group
• Garin Horner - Assistant Professor, Department Chair, Adrian College
• Jeff Curto - Professor Emeritus of Photography, College of DuPage
• John Scott - Professional & Commercial Sales Manager, Roberts Camera
• Abbey Hepner – MFA Candidate, University of New Mexico
Become an SPE Partner
The SPE Partners program offers three packages which provide flexible opportunities for schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to subsidize faculty, staff, students, and broader community participation in SPE.
Exhibit with SPE!
Learn more about sponsor & exhibitor opportunities for the 56th Annual Conference in Cleveland, OH!