SPE West Chapter includes:
California, Hawaii, Nevada
Message from the Chair
We are once again partnering with our friends from the Southwest Chapter for our fall chapter conference. All details and registration can be found here: https://www.spenational.org/conferences/conflux
Coming Together in Conversation
University of New Mexico - Albuquerque, New Mexico
November 02 - November 04, 2018
From Many, To Many
Taking its name from the meeting of two rivers, the theme of the 2018 West/Southwest is based on the notion of meeting, exchanging, and transforming. It is based on the transformative power of conversation.
From the keynote dialogue with Ana Teresa Fernandez and Mario Ontiveros to the many opportunities for sharing, Conflux is a conference of member-initiated creative conversations, hands-on collaborative projects, roundtable discussions, demonstrations, member's exhibition, artistic feedback and cultural site visits which pivot around photographic practice and contemporary culture.
- Regular, Senior, Sustaining member: $75 early, $90 regular
- Adjunct/part-time: $40 early, $55 regular
- Student: $20 early, $25 regular
- Non-member: $190
- Student non-member: $60
Early bird deadline is October 7th, 2018
Conflux Coming Together in Conversation
College of Fine Arts-Downtown Studio, 113 4th St NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Reception November 3, 2018 6 - 9PM
The exhibition, Conflux Coming Together in Conversation, is an open call to those attending the joint SPE W/SW conference. The exhibit aims to spark a visual dialog among participants by forging visual and conceptual similarities among the exhibited works. The reception will take place at the CFA downtown studio gallery in Albuquerque, New Mexico on November 3, 2018, 6 - 9PM.
- Please bring one print per person (either unframed or framed work will be accepted) in person to the CFA gallery on Thursday, Nov. 1-Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018 (hours to be determined)
- Maximum print size 30"x40"
- All work brought in will be included and will be pinned/hung in the gallery with each artist making visual/conceptual connections to other artworks.
- Artwork must be picked up Sunday morning (hours TBD) or it will be discarded, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
Conference registration is non-transferable and requests for a full refund must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2018. After October 16, 2018, cancellations are subject to a $25 processing fee. The cancellation policy applies to all circumstances (including severe weather, natural disaster, flight cancellations, etc.).
Click here to view the West Chapter's award history.