2020 Southeast Conference
- Online, Online |
October 17 - October 17, 2020
The SPESE Chapter is seeking proposals for the October 17th, 2020 online chapter conference. The Southeast Chapter welcomes proposals from photographers, writers, educators, curators, historians and professionals from any field.
This year's conference will focus on intersectionality in the South, including but not limited to issues of race, class, gender, sexual identity, and photography's history of upholding problematic stereotypes and Southern identity. The conference will highlight artists whose work examines issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the American South.
Proposed presentations may include but are not limited to individual image-makers, panel discussions, lectures, short workshops, and demonstrations that can be delivered online during our live conference weekend. We also welcome regional graduate program presentations and student presentations. Presentations are limited to a maximum of 45 minutes.
To submit a proposal, complete the Google form by September, 25th 2020: https://forms.gle/3pCg5tFpvnEh35tb8
Each proposal must include:
• Name(s) of presenter(s) or panelists
• Presenter or lead presenter contact information including email address and phone number
• A biography of each presenter (150 words maximum)
• Title of Presentation
• A brief description of the proposed lecture, panel, workshop, demonstration, or presentation. (250 words maximum)
• 5 images if applicable for proposal (jpeg 1000px longest dimension). Please name images lastname_firstname_01.jpg, etc.
If you have questions please contact Zane Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application and remember the application deadline is Friday, September 25.
view conference details