Photography: Mentorship and Legacy
Rhode Island School of Design - Providence, RI |
October 26 - October 27, 2019
Each photographer carries with them the photographers who have gone before - those who were our mentors and educators, and those we never met but who taught us nonetheless. In many ways, these are the first important steps towards building support and community for ourselves.
The 2019 SPE Northeast Chapter Conference will focus on photography's rich tradition of mentorship and legacy, and the ways in which we as educators continue that tradition in our classrooms. We welcome proposals from all photographers, but are particularly excited to see combined proposals from educators and their former students, and other creative takes on the theme.
Call for presentations is open! See information below:
Deadline: Sunday, June 2nd, 2019 at 11:59pm (EST)
We are seeking proposals from SPE member and non-member photographers, writers, educators, curators, historians, and artists/professionals from other fields to present at the 2019 SPE Northeast Conference.
We encourage proposed presentations that address the theme of the conference, Photography: Mentorship and Legacy. You may submit more than one proposal if you wish to submit to more than one presentation category.
To submit a proposal, click here. Have the following information prepared:
1. Your name
2. Category to which you are submitting (from one of the following six options):
- Academic Practicum Workshop (45 min) a lecture, demonstration, or panel that addresses pedagogy.
- Lecture (30 min) a presentation on an historical topic, theory, or another artist's work.
- Panel (60 min) a group led by a moderator to discuss a chosen topic.
- Imagemaker (30 min) a presentation of the artist's own work.
- Imagemaker PechaKucha Presentation (6 min 40 sec) a timed presentation of 20 slides of the artist's own work. What is a PechaKucha presentation? Click here to find out more!
- Student PechaKucha Presentation (6 min 40 sec) a timed presentation of 20 slides of the artist's own work.
3. Title of your presentation proposal
4. A description of your presentation, no longer than 300 words and saved as a PDF.
5. If submitting an Imagemaker or PechaKucha Series, 10 supporting images saved as: JPEG, sRGB Color, max quality, 1200px long dimension. Name your jpg's this way: lastname_## (example: johnson_01.jpg).
The submission deadline of Sunday, June 2nd, 2019 (EST) is final. Late or incomplete proposals will not be accepted. Selected presenters register for the conference at a 50% discounted rate. Email email@example.com with any questions about the conference or presentation proposals.
view conference details