The Business of Art and Beyond
If you've been thinking it is time to step up your game and get your artwork out into the art world, this is the workshop for you. This hands-on seminar will be guided by marketing professional Kate Farrall. She will lead you in the creation of a logical plan for building your art business.
Lisa Sutcliffe, Assistant Curator of Photography at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and Julie Casemore from Stephen Wirtz Gallery have been invited to offer insights on museums and galleries and discuss their perspective on how best to approach these types of venues with your work.
Meet with like-minded artists in a small group environment and learn how to:
- Find and approach the right galleries
- Establish measurable and attainable goals
- Make an Action Plan to achieve those goals
- Craft an elevator pitch about your work, write an artist statement and prepare for a portfolio review
- Use your website and social media most effectively
- Consider the fine art of selling work and the psychology behind it
Wednesday, July 25: 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Tea/Coffee and dessert will be provided.
Saturday, July 28: 9:30 am to 5 pm. Lunch will be provided.
The workshop will be limited to 16 participants.