Industry, Educators, and Students
Friday, March 02 - 8:00AM to 9:45AM
Meeting Room 304-305
For us, as professionals, educators, students, and artists, photography continues to evolve in exciting and challenging ways. To help us educators and students alike manage these changes and thrive, we need to reinforce and build community and strengthen collaboration through continued dialogue. Once again, there will be four tables, each hosted by a pair of education and industry representatives. The "Curriculum" table will focus on pedagogical concerns common to both parties, the "Demonstrations" table will concentrate on issues surrounding demonstrating equipment or techniques, and the "Resources" table will look at the importance of providing and obtaining the needed supplies and information for teaching photography. To this we will add a fourth table. The "Students" table will allow those currently learning photography to add their important perspectives and needs to the discussion. Participants will be able to go from table to table to discuss and hear about issues pertinent to them. At the end, each group will report on their observations, conclusions, and next steps.
Moderated by Tom P. Ashe
• Veronica Cotter - Education Development and Sales Manager, Hahnemühle USA
• Therese Mulligan - Professor, Administrative Chair, Rochester Institute of Technology
• Mark Olson - Professor of Photography & Videography, College of Southern Nevada
• Joe Lavine -Manager of Educational Services, Profoto US
• Bob Rose – Assistant Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology
• Brenda Hipsher - National Manager of Educational Markets at MAC Group
• Garin Horner - Assistant Professor, Department Chair, Adrian College
• Jeff Curto - Professor Emeritus of Photography, College of DuPage
• John Scott - Professional & Commercial Sales Manager, Roberts Camera
• Student – TBD
Become an SPE Partner
The SPE Partners program offers three packages which provide flexible opportunities for schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to subsidize faculty, staff, students, and broader community participation in SPE.
Vote in National SPE Board of Directors Election
The polls are open! Cast your votes by Ocotber 31.