Location: San Francisco, CA
Posted: November 02, 2021
Application Deadline: October 07, 2022
San Francisco Community College District
33 Gough St.
San Francisco, CA, 94103
Position Title: Photographic Technology/Commercial Photography Instructor (Temporary, Part-Time Pool) - AMENDED
Posting Type: Wide Distribution
Campus: Ocean Campus
Job Category: Faculty (Credit Program)
Salary (Applicant View): Rate is set in accordance with the City College of San Francisco Faculty Salary Schedule for hourly assignments. Currently the rate upon entry is from $85.23 to $93.01 per hour depending upon placement.
Temporary, Part-Time Pool
Appointment Type: Faculty - Part-Time Pool
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
CCSF PHOTO seeks industry experienced professional photographers to educate students in the field of commercial photography, documentary photography and business practices. Including but not limited to: advanced studio lighting techniques, location lighting for editorial projects, advanced lighting for portraiture and fashion photography, documentary photography, business practices and related image software.
Examples of Duties:
1. Instruct in one or more of the following areas:
◦ Advanced Studio Lighting for Still Life – Advanced Studio Lighting for Portraiture & Fashion.
◦ Business Practices of Photography.
◦ Documentary Photography and Photojournalism.
◦ Editorial Photography.
◦ Portfolio Development & Production for Web and Print.
◦ DSLR & Phase One Medium Format Camera Operation.
◦ Adobe Lightroom & Capture One Software.
◦ Architectural Photography.
◦ Drone Photography.
2. Maintain industry contacts and keep abreast of the changing technology in the area of photography.
3. Teach in accordance with departmental course outlines and design instructional activities that promote student learning, achievement, and retention.
4. Teach day, evening, and/or weekend class(es) at one or more campus locations as required.
5. Assist in the development and operation of the photography program.
6. Participate in departmental functions, such as staff meetings, committee work, faculty evaluations, curriculum development and revision, development and assessment of student learning outcomes and others as schedule permits.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with community college students with disabilities, various sexual orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds (Required).
2. Earned Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent foreign degree, plus two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's assignment; OR THE EQUIVALENT;
Earned Associate Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent foreign degree, plus six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's assignment; OR THE EQUIVALENT;
Hold a fully-satisfied LIFE California Community College Instructor Credential in Art and Design, including Photography (California credentials were no longer issued after July 1, 1990).
[If you would like to claim education equivalency for the formal educational requirement, the "Faculty Equivalency Application Form" is available on the left side margin. This form will be considered as part of the application materials and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated on this job posting.]
1. Earned Master's Degree in Photography, Fine Arts, or Art from an accredited institution by June 1, 2021.
2. Minimum of two years of practical, verifiable occupational experience in the field of commercial or documentary photography.
3. Expressed willingness to promote collegiality within the photography program and interdepartmentally.
4. Market experience including, but not limited to, LLC or Sole Proprietorship business operation, images sales or evidence of commercial or documentary assignments, client references, or web/museum/gallery exhibitions.
5. Mastery or technical skills and knowledge of aesthetics as demonstrated in portfolio.
6. Demonstrated ability to integrate commercial, fine-art, historical and contemporary techniques and concepts.
7. Demonstrated ability to teach community college students.
8. Demonstrated enthusiastic attitude and a strong commitment to students and teaching that promotes retention and supports student success.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
10. Demonstrated ability to effectively engage students in large class settings, small groups, and one-on-one.
11. Expressed willingness to participate in departmental functions.
12. Demonstrable proficiency in the following areas:
◦ DSLR and/or Phase One Camera Operation.
◦ Adobe Lightroom and/or Capture One Software.
◦ Advanced Studio Lighting techniques for Still life and/or Portraiture.
◦ Running a Photography Business. E. Portfolio development and production for web and print.
◦ Editorial Photography.
◦ Documentary Photography and Photojournalism.
◦ Architectural Photography.
◦ Drone Photography.
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online Faculty Position Application Form at http://jobs.ccsf.edu. To be considered a candidate for this posting, the following materials must be submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or before 12:00 a.m. of the posting filing deadline. Substitution of required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to the Department Chair. Human Resources Department is not responsible for any documents addressed and/or sent to the Department Chair.
1. A detailed letter expressing interest in the position, indicating specifically how the minimum qualifications and as many as possible of the desirable qualifications will be fulfilled. Minimum and desirable qualifications are listed in this posting. The letter should also address the applicant's background and skills in the areas stated in the Examples of Duties.
2. A current resume summarizing educational background, teaching experience, and related work experience.
3. A City College of San Francisco Electronic Faculty Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific posting online. The statement "See Resume" is not acceptable.
4. Three (3) current telephone references within one year of date of application. The list of reference must include current supervisors/employers, colleagues or other professionals and their titles, who have knowledge of the responsibilities/duties specific to this type of position.
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed on applicant's CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and actual verification of work experience will be required at a later date. [NOTE: Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be considered in the application process. Foreign degree(s) must be evaluated before an application can be processed. Foreign Degree Evaluation sources information is located on the left side margin.]
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest, submit a concise response using only one page to discuss how your course content and teaching methods meet the needs of culturally and academically diverse learners. List classes or professional development activities you have participated in that directly relate to working with diverse student populations. (Note: Substitution of "diversity statement" with a "teaching philosophy" document will be automatically disqualified.)
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all application materials are complete when submitted and are received by the Human Resources Department by 12:00 a.m. on the posting filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. All application materials become the property of the City College of San Francisco, and will not be returned. Application files for this posting will not be considered for other postings.
For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring process should contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer at 415/452-5053 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may be required.
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for a personal interview with the Search Committee. An additional interview will be offered to applicants who are advanced beyond the initial interviews (full-time position only).
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time without prior notice.
As approved by the governing Board of the San Francisco Community College District, beginning October 1, 2021, City College of San Francisco requires that new and current employees, students, and business partners participate in the Covid Safety Campaign. All parties entering CCSF facilities must demonstrate proof of covid vaccination in compliance with current CDC and SFDPH guidelines. New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human Resources Department.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer at (415) 452-5053.
Posting Number AC00082P
Job Open Date 10/13/2021
Application Review Date
Job Close Date 10/07/2022
Open Until Filled No
Photography Dept. Chair
Special Instructions to Applicant
City College of San Francisco will accept applications with all required supporting documentation at any time until October 7, 2022. Screening and interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the department desires; a part-time hiring pool or pools will be developed and be in effect for a one-year period from which temporary appointments will be made on an as-needed basis.
The first round of screening and interview will commence in mid November 2021 for those who have submitted completed application materials.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * Are you qualified and interested in teaching advanced studio lighting for advertising/product photography?
2. * Are you qualified and interested in teaching advanced studio and location lighting for formal portrait, fashion and editorial photography?
3. * Are you qualified and interested in teaching documentary photography?
4. * Are you qualified and interested in teaching business practices for photography?
5. * Are you qualified and interested in teaching Phase One cameras and Capture One software?
6. * How many years of industry experience do you have in this type of position?
7. * Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
8. * Are you available to work weekends?
9. * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
◦ Public Job Posting
◦ Internal Job Posting
◦ Agency Referral
◦ Personal Referral
1. Letter of Interest
3. List of References
5. Diversity Statement
6. Other Document 1
1. Transcript(s) - additional
2. California Community College Credentials
3. Equivalency Application Form
4. Foreign Degree Evaluation
5. Other Document 2
To Apply: https://apptrkr.com/2601215