Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posted: October 05, 2018
Application Deadline: January 03, 2019
New Mexico State University - Department of Art
1390 E. University Ave, Rm 100
Las Cruces, NM, 88003
The Department of Art is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Photography and lens based media. The ideal candidate will have a consistent research program exhibiting at the national and/or international level and demonstrate an ability to teach both graduate and undergraduate students in a cross-disciplinary context. Contemporary theoretical, historical and critical approaches in teaching necessary. 3/3 annual course load; oversight of digital and analoge photography labs; and effective service and outreach.
- MFA in Photo/lens-based media or related area.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience.
- Ability to provide current instruction on professional practices and contemporary issues within the field of art.
- Active and ongoing research practice with a sustained exhibition record.
- Familiarity with and proficiency in teaching a wide range of photographic equipment and processes, including digital and film.
- Willingness to collaborate across all disciplines represented in the NMSU Department of Art.
- Ability to maintain digital and analog labs.
- University level teaching experience beyond graduate school.
- National and/or international exhibition record.
- Photo/lens-based practice with an interdisciplinary focus.
- Aptitude for balancing professional practice with teaching, service and outreach.
- Capability to teaching courses that serve a wide range of photographic/lens-based approaches to art including: installation art, video and alternative photographic processes.
NMSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Find more information at http://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/32586