Location: Fairfax, VA
Posted: October 09, 2017
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
George Mason University
Fairfax, VA, 22030
George Mason University
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Photography
The George Mason University School of Art seeks a dynamic individual for Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Photography to begin in Fall 2018. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The successful candidate will have experience with a broad array of photographic equipment and processes, as well as an understanding of photography as a conceptual hub of contemporary art practice. Additional qualifications include:
• M.F.A. and substantial university teaching experience (candidates will be expected to make a strong contribution to curriculum development and all other academic affairs in the School of Art);
• Darkroom and digital applications skills with an emphasis on contemporary aesthetics;
• Must exhibit significant expertise in critical and technological developments relating to the field of fine art photography;
• Successful candidate should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the concepts, philosophies, and practices of photography as a specific art form; and
• Candidates must possess a substantial exhibition record.
• Additional research that extends into other disciplines such as performance, sculpture, books, video, printmaking, as well as 3D printing or additive manufacturing; and
• Interest in socially engaged art practices.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F193Az at http://jobs.gmu.edu by December 15, 2017; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter referencing research and teaching philosophies; curriculum vitae; a list of three professional references with contact information; sample syllabus and 10 images of student work; a PDFwith a maximum of 20 images of the applicant's artwork, including titles and dates of creation; and other support materials, including images of exhibition catalogs.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zxbwxkrbqm6d6yv6