Location: Burlington, VT
Posted: July 17, 2015
Application Deadline: August 12, 2015
University of Vermont
304 Williams Hall, Art Department/University of Vermont
Burlington, VT, 05045
802 656 2014
• Provide technical support to Department of Art and Art History courses in photography, digital art, motion-picture media, graphic design, and foundation-level courses.
• Studios include a networked digital print studio with film scanners, large format printers, and sixteen Mac workstations for photography courses; a networked digital studio with sixteen Mac workstations for graphic design, foundation-level, and other courses; a photography and motion-picture lighting studio equipped with strobe and tungsten lights; a black and white photographic darkroom with support areas for analog photography; a motion-picture editing studio.
• Identify user needs and provide training in equipment use.
• Maintain inventory and equipment.
• Provide supervision to students utilizing studios.
• Bachelor’s degree in photography, technology, or related field, and one to two years of experience required.
• Thorough understanding of Adobe Photoshop, inkjet printers, and Macintosh computers is required.
• Effective interpersonal skills required.
• Experience with Adobe In Design, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, Final Cut Pro, and Dragon Stop Motion desired.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume/cv, and contact information for three professional references.
For more information and to apply, go to https://www.uvmjobs.com/postings/search
then search for position listing using posting number S377PO.
Become an SPE Partner
The SPE Partners program offers three packages which provide flexible opportunities for schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to subsidize faculty, staff, students, and broader community participation in SPE.
Exhibit with SPE!
Learn more about sponsor & exhibitor opportunities for the 56th Annual Conference in Cleveland, OH!