Soft Lightning Studio / Deadline: 06/01/20
• Call for Entry for Soft Lightning Volume 2. The theme is "connection." This theme may be interpreted however the photographer sees fit. The work may be brand new or can be from the last three years. 15% of the proceeds of Volume 2 will go to Kaleidoscope Youth Center. KYC Ohio is a non-profit solely dedicated to supporting and serving queer youth. The entry fee for this call produces a print publication, supplies a donation to KYC, and helps maintain Soft Lightning's ongoing operation fees (website hosting, url hosting, etc.)
• Photographers who identify with at least one of these identities/experiences; Black, Indigenous, Persons of Color, Trans/Non-Binary, Queer, LGBTQIA, Fat/Body Positive, Neurodivergent/Mental Illness, Rural/Non-Coastal, Women, Differently Abled/Persons with Disabilities.
All individuals who send in an entry will receive a 30% discount on the print publication.
• Select VOL 2:Connection in the Soft Lightning store, add to cart, checkout.
• You will be delivered a link to a pdf with how to submit.
• Deadline for sending in your entry is JUNE 1st, 2020. Anticipated shipping date of VOL2, late July 2020.
*For individuals who want to send in an entry but are unable to provide an entry fee, please email email@example.com for financial assistance arrangements.
Julie Rae Powers