8-week residency in Boston
Emmanuel College / Deadline: 02/01/18
The Emmanuel College Art Department offers an eight-week artist residency to four artists each summer. The residency supports a diverse group of artists, providing time and space for established and emerging artists to develop their work.
However, the Art Department specifically aims to award a residency to one individual from each of the four categories: ceramics, photography, printmaking and social justice. We strive to foster a supportive environment to achieve creative and artistic excellence. The residency also plays an important role in advancing the visual arts on the Emmanuel campus, providing an important educational program on contemporary art accessible to students, staff, and faculty. Residents should be willing to support and interact with each other, students, and faculty.
The residency defines Emmanuel College as a leader in the visual arts and brings greater visibility to that leadership role beyond the confines of the College.
Boston, MA, USA
Any artist that is not enrolled in an academic program.
Work must primary use ceramic, printmaking or photography but may include other materials. Social Justice category is an open medium, however it must be within the capabilities of our studios.
• Artists must not be currently enrolled in any academic program
• Residency is from mid June to mid August 2018
• Artists will receive a stipend of $1000 dollars and reimbursement for travel and visa up to an additional $1000.
• Lodging is provided in the college dorms, with access to a small kitchen.
• Artists may be invited back for a presentation during the 2018/19 academic year based on teaching needs
• Residents have access to communal college studio facilities with ample space sharing - ceramics, wood shop, print shop, darkroom, design lab and drawing studios
• Artists must devote 3 hours to Emmanuel's summer art history course, Contemporary Art and Artistic Practice, discussing their own process.
• Emmanuel will host a closing exhibition for all resident artists to participate in and show the larger community the end result of your work.
• Artists will donate one piece to Emmanuel College at the end of the residency.
• Application is due Feb 1st, 2018
• Visit our website for more details and to apply. http://www.emmanuel.edu/ecar
400 Fenway, Art Department Art Department
Boston, MA 02115
Become an SPE Partner
The SPE Partners program offers three packages which provide flexible opportunities for schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to subsidize faculty, staff, students, and broader community participation in SPE.
Exhibit with SPE!
Learn more about sponsor & exhibitor opportunities for the 56th Annual Conference in Cleveland, OH!