Society for Photographic Education / Deadline: 07/01/18
The Society for Photographic Education offers the SPE Insight Award to recognize achievements of significant distinction made by individuals to the photographic education field. Measured from when careers first begin, to days when standing ovations erupt spontaneously in lecture halls, SPE's Insight Award symbolizes the realization of a national or international career or the launching of future endeavors to new challenges, ideas, and horizons. Photographers (in the broadest sense of the word today), as well as scholars, curators, writers, and visionaries - be their achievements rapid fire or accumulated over time - are eligible.
The selection process for the Insight Award is as follows:
- A candidate must be nominated by a professional (non-student) current member of the Society using the Insight Award Nomination Form.
- A candidate must be an SPE member for at least 5 cumulative years.
- No member may nominate more than one member a year.
- Nominations are accepted year-round, but July 1st @ 5PM EST is the cut-off for the following year's award.
- The SPE Office confirms eligibility of all nominators and nominees and determines that the nominations are accurate and complete.
Nominations can be submitted to the SPE Office at the address listed below or by email or fax.
Society for Photographic Education
ATTN: Insight Award
2530 Superior Avenue, #407
Cleveland, OH 44114
Become an SPE Partner
The SPE Partners program offers three packages which provide flexible opportunities for schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to subsidize faculty, staff, students, and broader community participation in SPE.
Exhibit with SPE!
Learn more about sponsor & exhibitor opportunities for the 56th Annual Conference in Cleveland, OH!