SEA Foundation / Deadline: 11/15/19
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg invites applicants for its 2020/2021 residency program. The residencies are designed for visual artists, curators and writers whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress in their practice. The SEA Foundation's individual shaped residency program is limited to 8 participants per year. Duration up to 3 months.
We believe that contemporary art practise requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. We seek candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production and who are willing to participate with the rhythm, which propels our artist-led organisation.
Visual art, fibre art, drawing & painting, sculpture, media art, design, curating, art critique, art theory, artistic research, architecture, sound artists, performance artists
The residency aims
● To support the production of art and the theory of art.
● To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context.
● To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art.
● To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network.
How to apply
● Applying is done digitally and in English via the online application form.
● The application should contain the completed application and documentation.
● For duos/collectives: only one of you needs to fill out the form.
Deadline 15.11.2019 at Noon 12:00 CEST
● Completed application form.
● Samples work from the past 5 years.
● All mages in the portfolio should have captions providing information on size. materials and year of production.
● Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages).
● Include a selfie at work.
● Proof of payment of the €35,- application fee.
● Use www.WeTransfer.com and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Send in One .pdf
● Max 25 pages and max. 15mb.
● For collating PDF's use www.smallpdf.com.
● Applications are viewed on a horizontal screen.
● Maximum of 2 images per page are advised.
● Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the admission's board
Tilburg, the Netherlands
● Professional artists, curators and art writers
● Regardless of gender or region
● Established, mid-career or emerging practice
● Minimum age: 25 at the start of the residency
● Duo's/collectives may apply as well
● Residents may be accompanied by a partner
● We expect you to master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff.
Fully funded residency awards
Two applicants of the Open Call will receive the award of a fully-funded residency. This award includes free use of the live/work studio and a stipend of € 550 euro per month when in residence. In addition, SEA foundation covers the costs of a public event, exhibition or the production of an artist's book.
Riet van Gerven
Tilburg, 5017 HP