Creativity, Community, and Collaboration
Granlibakken Tahoe - Tahoe City, California |
November 03 - November 05, 2017
Join us for Tahoe CoLab: an interactive, community-building retreat where we will explore the ways in which photographers collaborate with each other, with artists in different disciplines, with scholars in other fields such as science and the humanities, and with community members. The permutations are as endless as they are exciting.
Granlibakken Tahoe Resort, just minutes from the shores of Lake Tahoe, will be the retreat backdrop as we dine, slumber, learn, create, and collaborate with others from the West and Southwest regions of SPE: students, teachers, curators, and artists. Programming will include image-maker presentations, teaching and learning discussions, and a collaborative project exploring the Lake Tahoe region.
Granlibakken is located five minutes from Tahoe City in the Tahoe National Forest and about an hour drive from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, serviced by major airlines such as Alaska, American, Delta, jetBlue, Southwest, and United. From the retreat location, Emerald Bay State Park is a 20 mile drive south and then it is an additional 52 mile drive around the lake with scenic wonders at each mile. For those who search for the cultural aspects of a region, a fifteen mile drive east will get you to the state line for the gambling and music at the Crystal Bay Club.
- Retreat style, with lodging and food included. Rates for the 2-nights, including all taxes. Paid directly to Granlibakken.
- Double occupancy: $370 per person
- Single occupancy: $485 per person
- Dorm-style (5–6 people per room): $225 per person
- Proposed retreat registration fees. Paid directly to SPE:
- Regular, Senior, Sustaining member: $75 early, $90 regular
- Adjunct/part-time: $40 early, $55 regular
- Student: $20 early, $25 regular
- Non-member: $190
- Student non-member: $60
- Early bird deadline will be October 1, 2017
- Proposed conference activities:
- Friday optional workshops for an additional fee (perhaps wet plate collodion and/or drone photography)
- Retreat programming to start Friday at 5:30 pm
- Authentic collaboration project throughout weekend
- 1-Track programming
- Keynote speaker, honored educators’ (West and Southwest) talks, invited speakers
- 15-minute image-maker presentations
- Teaching and learning discussions
- Portfolio sharing and/or print exchange
- Hiking and photography outing
- Programming to end Sunday after lunch
- Look for emails regarding Calls for Proposals in mid-April with a deadline of June 1.
view conference details