Wet Plate Collodion and Salt Print Workshop with Luther Gerlach
Please join us for an intensive workshop run by fine artist and historical photographic process expert Luther Gerlach, hosted by the International Center for the Arts this September 10th to 25th. The ancient hill-top village of Monte Castello di Vibio is the setting for this immersive program. Students will enjoy private accommodation in a twelfth century stone convent with spectacular views of the Tiber Valley, including three home-cooked Umbrian meals per day. Using historical cameras, we will create wet plate collodion negatives and positives and make salt prints from those. This workshop pairs beautiful scenery and historic sites with Gerlach’s sense of artistry and passion for historical photographic processes.
- 15 full days double or petite single accommodations with views
- Private Studio and Group Classroom space
- Visiting Artist lecture at Teatro Concordia
- Trip orientation and trip monitor
- Orientation tour of Monte Castello and ICA
- 3 Meals on all days excluding 2 full trip days, one dinner on the second Sunday and dinner on the RoteCastello half day trip
- Two full day trips: Florence, Marmore Falls/Bomarzo
- One half day trip: Rotecastello/Umbria countryside
- Transport by private bus to and from Rome FCO airport, start/end of trip
- Exhibition with reception
- Weekly housekeeping/linens
- Pre-trip talks and orientation.
Deposits are due by August 1, 2016
Final registration and Payment in Full is due August 15, 2016