2012 ACP Portfolio Review
Added in 2005 at the request of photographers, the ACP Portfolio Review and Walk offers artists the opportunity to meet with highly respected curators, dealers, editors, and agency representatives from across the United States and beyond. The Portfolio Walk (following the review sessions) gives participating photographers the opportunity to present their work to the general public at an evening reception, open to all.
Sponsored in part by Turner Broadcasting and their "Turner Voices" initiative, 17 reviewers and 51 artists will meet on Saturday October 13th, 2012. Each photographer will meet privately with at least five reviewers for twenty minutes each. Register today!
Yes, there are other portfolio review events around. Why should you consider ACP's event as a must-do?
- Our event is only one day. It is a long, intense day, but you do not have to take a week out of your life or empty your checking account to have a career-changing moment.
- There will be special events leading up to the reviews (a lecture by Brian Ulrich and a party for reviewers and photographers).
- The day of the reviews, there will be free coffee, food and beverages available to photographers all day long! Really.
- In addition to your regular review sessions, there will be two roving VIP's on site who will meet with each photographer (an Atlanta-based art consultant and an associate editor for CNN's photo blog)!
- The ACP Portfolio Review really works. See below for some participant feedback.
Every year we have many more applicants than available slots, so each application will be evaluated by ACP and a third-party judge to determine if the applicant may participate in the Reviews (it is FREE to apply).
Register today for the ACP 2012 Portfolio Review. Registrants will be contacted with the results at the end of July. The cost of the review is only $300.